- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- Ground black pepper as per taste
- 250 grams drained tomatoes
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 500 grams raw pasta
Directions to make
- Boil water in a saucepan and immerse the tomatoes in it. Turn off the heat and wait for 30 seconds. Drain the water. Peel the skin and cut the tomatoes in small pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté garlic until it turns translucent, not brown. Add onion and cook over low heat until translucent for 5 to 10 minutes. Do not cover or else the onions will not taste crispy.
- Now add tomatoes, sauté them and then cover. Raise heat to medium and bring to a strong simmer.
- Lower heat and add red pepper flakes. Cover the saucepan and cook for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, and drain the water completely.
- Mix the boiled pasta with the tomato sauce and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.
- Garnish with oregano if required.