- 20 ounce assorted hard candies
- 20 lollipop sticks
- Baking supplies
- Sesame street theme cookie cutters
Directions to make
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Sort candies in various colors and crush them into small chunks. Keep each color separated.
- Take a baking sheet and place Sesame Street shaped cookie cutters on it. Fill the inside of the cookie cutters with the candy chunks of relevant color. For example, for making a cookie monster, use blue colored candy chunks and for Elmo, use red. Make sure the candy layer is not more than ½ inch thick. Each heap should be at least 2 inches apart from the other one.
- Gently lift the cookie cutter.
- To define the shapes such as eyes and mouth, keep black or chocolate colored candy chunks or chocolate chips ready.
- Bake the candy heaps in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the candy is completely melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and immediately attach the lollipop sticks to the base of the lollipops.
- Use the black candy chunks or chocolate chips to define eyes, mouth, and other features. This needs to be done instantly so that the candy melt doesn’t get hard. Therefore, do not make more than 4 lollipops at a time.
- When the lollipops are completely cooled, peel them off and wrap them so that they don’t absorb any moisture.