Just to make sure that these mommy to-be-moments are special and memorable you can have some special baby shower delicacies this time along with some homemade pieces for decorations that will surely set the day.
Well before you invite your friends and relatives for your baby shower, take a look at what all can you add into your menu:- As mostly the baby showers take place in the afternoon you can pick recipes that are according to the weather and will also soothe your mood.
1) Asparagus Sandwiches
- Asparagus i.e. Shatavar in Hindi are basically used in making ayurvedic medicines, I am sure, it is going to be a different and finger licking dish in your menu. The instruction to the recipe is simple.
- Keep asparagus spears onto paper towels so that it absorbs the excess liquid.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, onion and seasoning salt.
- Carve out the crusts from bread slices
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on each slice.
- Place a spear onto the slice and roll up.
- Slice the roll into half.
- Place the plastic wrap, and refrigerate until serving.
2) Strawberry Romaine Salad
Well raise your hands how many of you are a diet conscious mom-to-be? I can see many raised hands, so fear not this romaine salad would perfectly suit your diet chart. Also, it is refreshing and pretty. Let’s take a look how it is prepared.
- Take a large salad bowl
- Mix the romaine, spinach, strawberries and sliced onion.
- Then take a jar with a tight-fitting lid
- combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, milk and poppy seeds.
- Before you put the dressing over salad shake them well
- Toss until evenly coated.
3) Fruity Fun Skewers
Well, fruits are always refreshing for the menu. All of us love to have fruits, not only are they refreshing but also healthy. It would be a treat to add fruits in your baby shower menu, especially in these scorching summers.
- Place the strawberries, banana and apple pieces alternately onto skewers
- Try to place at least 2 pieces of fruit on each skewer.
- Decorate and arrange the fruit skewers on the serving platter.
When having a summer baby shower, you ought to put some drinks in your menu. They soothe your mood and body and keep you cool. Usually baby showers takes place in the afternoon, it is advisable that as hosts you keep ‘N’ number of drinks in your menu. Well just to name a few we have:-
4) Baby Blue Punch
- Take a large punch bowl
- Mix the drink mix, lemon-lime soda, and white cranberry juice together.
- Add sugar to your taste.
- Add plenty of ice cream on the top.
- As the ice cream melts, it gives the punch a beautiful baby blue color with frothy white clouds floating on the top.
Well, you can add all these as well as dig out some new recipes for your baby shower party. Just add on mouth watering dishes to your menu and enjoy the gathering for welcoming your little one and don’t forget to click tons of pictures.
If you are looking for Baby Shower Supplies, fear not we have got you covered from invites to return gifts, we have it all.